Monday, May 22, 2006

Drinking and Floating


Drunk, but floating
Originally uploaded by Come to Hawaii.
Today we took two boats out to the sandbar with 15 people. It was a pretty good time. We had some problems with anchoring at one point, but we were able to swim back to the boat (eventually) and get the sails up just before we hit the reef. After we were safely on the boat looking at where we started the chase from, we realized just how dumb we (read: I) were (was). I tried to plant the anchor in 5 feet of water after the boat started sailing away, but it didn't grab the sand. After it didn't grab, it just dangled in the 80 feet of water below while the wind took our ride away from us. In the future I think I will just hold onto the line and pull myself in with that. Way smarter than chasing a 27' boat 200 meters into the bay without a flotation device. I am not a swimmer.

2 comments:

michael said...

Where do people pee when they drink and tube?

Eric said...

It's more interesting when you are in the boat and need to pee.