Saturday, June 10, 2006

Madeline & Nine





Bow
Originally uploaded by Come to Hawaii.
"Madeline & Nine" is what I decided on for a name. It wasn't very popular with anyone at all (besides me), but I like the name, so I used it. It's the title of a song by one of my favorite artists, Mike Doughty.



My line of reasoning for the name is that whenever I travel I tend to get theme songs stuck in my head for weeks at a time. While the specific song title I used for my boat's name has never been an official theme song for me, a Mike Doughty song titled "The Only Answer" was my official China theme song for a whole year. Since "Madeline & Nine" incorporates a girl's name into the whole mix and sounds much less serious, it was the winner. Sailing is traveling. I need a good theme song.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

I really like the name. I was too late in submitting Claire's answer: Banana Boat, but yours is much better anyway. It looks great too.