Monday, February 26, 2007

Before They Are Gone

This is an example of three completely unrelated events being a "coincidence" because my brain skipped around a bit in the last few minutes.

Event 1: A few weeks ago I rode my motorcycle to a party on a beach front property on the North Shore.
Event 2: I have been thinking about buying waterfront property.
Event 3: "An Inconvenient Truth" won the Oscar for the best documentary today.

















Here's how they are all related: I have been thinking about buying some waterfront property lately, especially after the great party on the beach a few weekends ago, and the fact that Mike's family cabin on Lake Superior is one of the greatest places I know.

















I rode my motorcycle (the red one) to that party because I had been having some problems, but I made the decision to spend $800 to fix it rather than call it a lost cause. It still isn't fixed properly. The idling varies between 2 to 4 times faster than in the past. At any rate, I'm thinking that I may sell my motorcycle before I leave for Australia in June, so I want to use it as much as possible. However, it is the rainy season and I rarely ride anymore.

















It may or may not be true, but after seeing "An Inconvenient Truth," I believe that water levels will rise and possibly inundate any waterfront property that I may buy, which would make it a big waste of money (not to mention all of the environmental issues, et cetera). Perhaps I should buy something a few meters above the current water level and just wait for it to become waterfront property. It would be cheaper...

No comments: