Thursday, May 31, 2007

Playing with Fire (Real Live Lava!)

I will write a bit later, but I just wanted to post some pictures from the lava flows on the Big Island. Five of us from work went over Memorial Day weekend and it was a good time. Lava is so cool. Marshmallows roasted over molten rock are way more delicious than the ones cooked over burning wood.



In case you are curious, the answer is, "yes, I am redirecting the flow of lava with a stick we carried 6 miles across a volcano floor just to roast marshmallows." Lava is awesome. End of story.

4 comments:

Sheila said...

Awesome. Next time I come to Hawaii, I definitely want to check that out.

Did the marshmallows taste different than the traditional fire-roasted kind?

michael said...

Did you play Lava monster?

Eric said...

They were the best tasting roasted marshmallows I have ever tasted. Of course, that could have been due to all of the excitement.

I didn't play lava monster, but we did have a lava fight. Really, it was just me throwing small pieces of lava at people

Sheila said...

Sounds like maybe YOU were the lava monster.