Thursday, July 05, 2007

Go to Japan

It was good to make it back to Wisconsin. I saw my family for the first time in over a year, I met up with a lot of old friends, I relaxed and actually read a book, and I bought a condo in Madison. The only stressful part of the trip was that I didn't end up finding a renter for the condo before I left, despite my efforts. My parents were good enough to help me out with that and shortly after I left they got someone to sign on the dotted line (thanks Mom and Dad!), so I have a tenant for the next year and am officially a landlord.

(Me, lording over my land.)

(Miller Park)
(What relaxing/reading looked like for a few days)

(Eating raspberries and mulberries.)

Soon I will leave beautiful Hawaii for Japan. I am glad that I got a chance to go home first and I am also glad that I had some time back in Hawaii before my departure. Yesterday, for the 4th of July, we made one last trip out to the Sand Bar. The weather was a bit cloudy, but it was a good time despite that. No more sailing trips for me for a while. I did leave my boat with some friends, though, so hopefully I still get to hear all of the sailing stories.

I will do my best to continue to update the blog, although titling it "Come to Hawaii" may have been a bit short-sighted. Ah, well.

I am looking forward to my time in Japan. First things first, I need to start looking for a new camera. Originally I was planning on getting a Nikon, but they have very slow processors. I think I may go with a Canon instead. Does anyone have an opinions on cameras? I won't get a Kodak or Casio seeing as both of those brands were bad for me (the Casio broke in less than two months and they didn't even attempt to pretend to honor their warranty). Right now I am leaning towards Canon or Nikon. Maybe Olympus... I like the waterproof option.

At any rate, I should be back to Hawaii before Christmas. Until then, this will be less about sailing and more about... Asia.

(Wisconsin sunset.)

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Nice work with the Lording. And I'm jealous you got to see a brewer game. I tried to go when I was in WI, but I couldn't talk anyone into going with me. I miss Miller Park.