Monday, June 09, 2008

Ice Cream Social

The summer is in full swing already. These past two weeks, I have spent a lot of time out and about. A friend of mine I met in China came out to a work retreat here in Hawaii a few days early. The last time I saw her was in DC about 3 years ago. We had a pretty good time, but she was here and gone in a weekend. The one "Hawaii" thing we got to do was the sandbar (guess who's suggestion that was? Mine.).

We also had a few parties downtown and in Waikiki to attend. I drank way too much last weekend, so I am going to aim for not drinking for the rest of the summer. Will I make it? Probably not. I have been learning how to brew beer, so I'm going to need to taste the end product. Tasting the beer you helped brew is one thing, but bar hopping is another. I called all-time DD for the rest of the summer, until Josh's wedding on Labor Day weekend, so hopefully that will prevent a repeat of last weekend.

Today we met up for an ice cream social at my Lanikai place. We were seeing Danny and Dani off on their way to the east coast. It was a good time. Not as many people showed up as I was expecting, so we ended up having over a half-gallon of ice cream for each person. I called it quits after 3 bowls and a root beer float. Probably still too much.

We have coconuts, papayas, and limes in the yard. Delicious coconut milk is only a stones throw away (unless they fall off on their own, they you can just pick them up off the ground).

The yard is really a big highlight for me. Not only is it big enough to throw a baseball, have an $80 inflatable pool, and hold a large bar-b-que, but it also has fun flowers.

I also can't complain about being steps away from Lanikai Beach.



Last, but not least, here is a two-cent tour. The house is a bit messy, but you get the picture. I have a lot of big items to move, but all of the small stuff is boxed up. I just need some ideas on how to get a couch into a Honda.

2 comments:

Adam & Amanda said...

Pull a Halberg. Just put it on top and hold it down as you drive across town. You can do it!

michael said...

Thanks for the tour. Looks like a great place.

The whole mattress on the car strategy didn't go all that well for what it's worth!