Monday, January 16, 2012

Beach Front

I am back in the US for a class. My hotel room is ocean front with a great view, which makes for a great start to a day. The photo above is what I wake up to. The photo below is what I come home to. Rough life, I know.


I was also able to take a few days on the front end of the trip to hang out with Jeralyn in New York. We did mostly that: hang out. One of the milestones we reached on that trip was making the right amount of food. In the past, we have had a lot of waste, mostly because I go a bit overboard. The secret to making the right amount of food is using the right sized mixing bowls. Waste not, want not, and so on.


Jeralyn recently had a birthday and she came down so that we could celebrate together. We were looking for as many cliche activities as possible and we ended up with the obligatory long walk on the beach (while stylishly dressed and complete with jumping dolphins!), seafood dinner (empty restaurant due to arriving really late and it being the off season for tourism), and sunrises over the ocean (from the warmth and comfort of a hotel room).



We also got to hang out with my old roommate from Hawaii, Ali, who is working on a project in the area. Incidentally, if it wasn't for Ali, Jeralyn and I wouldn't have met way back when.

We had a really good time this weekend, although her flight time snuck up on us a bit. There is never enough time, I suppose, but it felt like we were just getting into the swing of things. We have a couple of other potential weekend trips lined up while I am here as well as some potential plans for later on this spring back in the UK. Hopefully more exciting adventures are on the way!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Right. Like the giant pot of spaghetti we had in Germany that lasted three meals a day for several days?

Where are you taking your 'class'?

Eric said...

Oh, man, was that some rough eating! I would like to point out that I think I was the only one to attempt the leftovers. Probably a good idea on everyone else's part.

I am in sunny Virginia Beach. I think it's more enjoyable in the winter. Fewer people to contend with...