Friday, September 01, 2006

Molokai or Bust

It's on. We are going. The trip to Molokai, after looking like it was getting called off, is still on. We leave tomorrow morning. It will be about 50+ miles each way, but the furthest from land we will ever be is about 15 miles. A long swim, if worse comes to worst, but we are all healthy people. I also plan on bringing a flashlight, so I'm pretty confident things will go well.

In other news, I made it the the Glen Phillips show last night. He was the lead singer for Toad the Wet Sprocket back in the day. I saw the band play once in college and it was a great show. Last's night show was great as well. Definitely more somber than the Toad show, but if you have the chance, you don't want to miss seeing him solo. Plus, there were only about 60 people there in a restaurant type setting, so it was very chill and relaxed. It was almost like someone pulling out a guitar around the camp fire and singing away.

I am off to work. Soon I will be sailing at the foot of the world's tallest sea cliffs. I can't wait.

No comments: