Thursday, August 24, 2006

Not So Bad

Here's what I look like with a neck brace on. Pretty pathetic. Of course, the whole tongue out, droopy eyes set-up is a bit of an act. It's really not that bad. I dented my skull (concussion) and schwacked my neck (sprain). All in all, not a great combo, but I can live with it.

I'm supposed to wear that neck brace at all times, but I am convinced that it only makes things worse. I wore it the whole first day, but it was hard to sleep and my neck was super tight and sore. After that, I took it off and I have felt much better. The last couple of days I worked on a little flexibility and today very very light lifting. All I know is, I feel much better compared to when I had that brace on. I still only have limited mobility, but at least I don't look like a walking accident.

On a side note, about 15 people asked me if I crashed my motorcycle when they saw me with the neck brace. Apparently they don't realize that sailboats are way more dangerous than motorcycles.

2 comments:

michael said...

How is your motorcycle working out? I think Hawaii is the place for it!

jimhalberg said...

You should definitely save this photo for your legal case against that bastard that owns that boat!

... oh, wait