Sunday, October 29, 2006

Visitor

My good friend from high school, Sheng, was here for the past week and a half. Unfortunately, I had to work quite a bit during the week, but on the bright side his arrival was the impetus behind me finally fixing my car. It had been out of commission, on and off, for the past couple of months... side story: Midas quoted me $1790 to fix it. In the end, all I had to do was pull off the spark plug caps and dry the one connector that was wet. Problem solved. It took me two minutes once I actually worked up the courage to start pulling my car apart (and after Adam suggested to do that). Midas is bad news. Very bad news. Anyway, Sheng was able to find his way around the island with the GPS acting as a guide rather than me during the week.

We did get some weekend sailing in as well as some swimming, snorkeling, tennis, and the like. After his week here going to different attractions, I'm pretty sure Sheng has seen more of the tourist sites on this island than me. I still haven't gone to Ala Moana, the swap meet, Diamond Head, or even Pearl Harbor. I really need to be a tourist some time and see what this island has to offer besides beautiful beaches, bays, forests, and waterfalls. Then again, maybe I can just wait until the rainy season for those other things. They will still be there even when the sunshine is not.


In other news, this is my last week with a roommate. For the first time... well, for the first time ever, actually, I will have an apartment all alone. On the one hand it will severely detract from my weekend socialization. Danny was the only other single guy at work, so we hung out quite a bit. On the other hand this could be an opportunity to try new things and meet new people. I am unplugging the TV and even canceling the internet. I figure by doing so there are two likely paths for me: 1. I find things to do outside the house in the evenings and all day on the weekends, or 2. I go crazy. No matter what happens, the important thing to remember is that I don't have to wear pants anymore. That in itself is a gold mine of an opportunity. Trust me.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

No internet would definitely make me go crazy. Its also nice to hear you now have the freedom to decide whether or not to wear pants. Well done.