Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Alone and Unafraid

















My first weekend roommate-free went off without a hitch. One hiccup I will need to figure out, though, is how I will post pictures on here. I no longer have internet in my apartment (I actually read a book made out of paper for entertainment this weekend), so I can't just upload whatever I want. Right now I am typing on my work computer, but it's after hours, so I don't feel too guilty about it.

Anyway, Friday night I went to see Borat with Derek. It was hilarious. The only disappointing thing was that I was so excited to see it that I watched dozens of clips and read as many articles about the movie. When I finally got to see it, I knew all of the jokes already. Still, my throat was sore from laughing by the time I left.

Saturday was cleaning day. I went crazy. I scrubbed the shower and sinks, cleaned the toilets, vacuumed all the carpets, swept the floors, shook out the rugs, dusted all surfaces, tidied up all of the rooms, and de-grimed the kitchen. The only thing I didn't do was mop the floors. I was hindered by the lack of a mop. Besides cleaning, I ran a bunch of errands in the afternoon. Basically, Saturday was a work day, but it was worth it. I now live in a spotless apartment, for at least the next day or two.























Sunday was the fun day (awesome rhyme, I know). I went with a couple of guys from work on an organized mountain bike ride. Next weekend there is a triathlon, and the bike ride is at Kualoa Ranch. This was the familiarization ride for next weeks race. I'm not doing the triathlon, but I happily paid my $5 for the trails yesterday. It was hands down the best mountain biking I have ever done. The views were incredible and it was difficult enough to keep it interesting and exciting, but not so difficult that I hurt myself. I took some pictures, but they don't do the place justice. Most of the ride was in a valley between two mountains. We rode on jeep trails and a little single track. There were some killer hills and shallow stream crossings. It had such a great mix of everything. From looking at the price lists for the ATV, horseback, and movie tours, I'm sure it is a very rare opportunity for a group of 30 bikers to get the whole place for an entire afternoon for a mere $5 each.























The ride definitely reminded me of how much I enjoy mountain biking. You may be seeing more postings on mountain biking, especially since there was a sewage spill in the bay. Sailing in human waste is less than ideal, but biking through cow pies is more than acceptable.

No comments: