Thursday, August 16, 2007

Adminstrator Not Required

We were able to get a non-networked laptop with a clean hard drive to allow us to install programs. From there I just move the pictures to my thumb drive. We bypassed the administrator roadblock.


Yesterday evening I got out of work fairly early. The first thing I noticed after leaving the confines of my office was that the sun was shining. It had been about a week of clouds and rain (and we have another super-typhoon on the way. When will it start affecting us? Friday or Saturday, of course.). Last weekend, driving along the coast, I picked out a couple of good spots for an evening such as last night. It wasn't the most spectacular sunset ever known to man, but just having the chance to go to the beach and watch the sky and water change is always worth it.

This was taken in wide angle mode.
This was taken in macro mode. I like this picture, despite it being a little dark. I had the flash off, so that didn't help. I am generally against using the flash, but according to the manual, the camera corrects for the flash and makes everything look natural. I'm a bit skeptical.

This is another wide angle shot. I took some pictures using the stitch assist, but I can't upload them to this website. It's unfortunate, because there is one that I really like. It is a 180 degree view of the mountains, beach, sky, and water.

Here is an example of the fine dining I have been having. Ramen and eggs cooking in my coffee pot. I have recently stepped it up to angel hair pasta and sauce.

Here is what driving looked like last Saturday. It made for a good time, but this picture was taken about an hour and a half into the drive. I was so close, yet so very far away. I didn't make it much farther than this.

3 comments:

Sheila said...

So do you make the pasta in the coffee maker as well? I haven't tried it, but I'm pretty doubtful ours would get hot enough to cook even angel hair.

I think you'll like the Canon. I have one, and I haven't been disappointed.

Eric said...

I cook everything in the coffee maker... oatmeal, pasta, ramen, apple cider, and eggs. I refuse to use microwaves.

So far I am really happy with the camera. I don't think I would have ever used the super-zoom anyway. Did you ever figure out how to print/post the photostitched pics?

Sheila said...

No. I don't know why the online photo printing sites don't do panoramic pictures. I'm going to just try shutterfly to see what happens. If you look at the 'print preview' option after you load up a panoramic picture, it looks like they just shrink it to fit whatever size you order. I'm going to order a big one, like 11x14 and just cut away the white parts. We'll see. I'll let you know.