Thursday, July 20, 2006

Progress

Still no new pictures. I couldn't find my camera for a while and then I forgot to bring it to the boat. I have gotten some work done, though. I sanded, stained, finished, and put a protective coating on the tiller, door panels, and all of the stowage covers. Unfortunately, I decided a bit late in the game that I wanted to go with a lighter color. The colonial walnut is a bit too dark for a boat in Hawaii. I am going to go with oak for the table and leave the natural color of the walls. This would be much easier to explain with pictures.

My motor should be in on Friday. Also, I get to move up to Kaneohe Bay. The spot didn't open up a moment too soon. I am getting kicked out of Ala Wai because one of the docks for the liveaboards broke, so they are kicking out all of the temporary boats (me).

We are going to make an attempt at sailing from Ala Wai up to Kaneohe Bay on Saturday morning. It's way over 20 miles. The fact that I don't even know the distance could be seen as a bad sign. I will hopefully buy a chart before I leave. I will also bring water and food this time. I've got plans. Also, no more reefs for this guy: polarized sunglasses will solve everything.

No comments: