Sunday, October 03, 2010

WI/MI/MN

In mid-September Kate and I were able to make a trip back to Wisconsin for a week. Kate headed to her parents house the first couple of days and I headed up to the UP for the more-or-less annual cabin trip with the guys.

The cabin trip was a good time, as it always is. The weather was perfect and the timings worked out perfectly for getting to/from. We were all able to travel up in one car (a 2008 Honda Pilot with 36,000 miles on it, no less), which makes it more fun for everyone, especially Adam.

We did the same thing we always do at the cabin: a lot of relaxing with some work sprinkled in for good measure. This year, we made some improvements to the railings (well, I didn't, but everyone else did) on the trail to the water and put in a new porch. I ended up sleeping quite a bit, but considering I was awake for about 28 hours straight on my way to the cabin, that is understandable.


After the cabin, Kate and I made our way to Dan and Jenny's wedding in Minnesota. It was a nice wedding and it was really good to catch up with friends and relive some of the good times from Hawaii as well as to meet some new people.


Following the wedding, it was a painful flight back to the UK and a week of strange sleep patterns. Hopefully tonight we will be to bed earlier. We made the mistake of sleeping until noon on Saturday, so any progress we had made in getting back to a normal sleep schedule was potentially lost. With that said, it felt really good to sleep that long.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Glad to see there is another sunset silhouette picture. Mike has one from several years ago in his office. Do you mind emailing me that one so I can maybe do a side-by-side?